Thursday, February 8, 2007

Movies of the Patriots

A couple of hours ago, Gamespot reported that Metal Gear Solid producer Hideo Kojima has finally entered into a Hollywood contract for the film adaptation of the series. For fans like myself, it seems like this deal has been in the works forever, and I was starting to worry that it would never happen.

Those who know me or read Coralcola at it's previous address should be aware by now that I support film adaptations of video games a little less than I support neo-naziism, BET, and hippies. However, this particular instance represents a unique occurence, distinct from all previous game-to-crap film announcements. Barring any unfortunate catasrophes, I have reason to believe this movie might actually be good.

Why? Because I know Kojima. Sure, I don't know him in the since that he responds to my letters, answers my calls, or opens his window when I serenade him from his lawn. But I do know that he is an artist. There is a reason that this movie has taken so long to come to fruition. Without knowing any details about the deal he signed, I know that with the amount of artistic integrity and pride that he embodies in his works, Kojima will not allow Metal Gear to be poorly represented on the big screen.

In regard to the afformentioned unfortunate catastrophes, just pray they don't cast Tom Cruise. Actually, pray twice...

2 comments:

Truewiseman said...

XD..."seems like this deal has been in the works forever"


Man didn't you play MGS for the first time last year...hahahaha

Shammy said...

Ha, technically...

Even more indication of how good the series is... good enough to make one year seem like an eternity.